This file shows lessons learned at the third road safety and simulation conference, which was held in Rome, Italy, 23-25 October 2013.
The reason this file is being updated is simply to remind the author of what he has learned, and more importantly is to remind him of where he save this file. In addition, he would like to share this to everyone who might be interested.
Last but not least, since this is only an ordinary report, there must be some mistakes here and there. You are welcome to comment and give correction.
This report describes lessons learned I’ve got at the fourth road safety fact finding mission in Vicroads, Melbourne, Australia, 18-22 March 2013.
It contains heaps of valuable information regarding road safety such as:
1. Brief information of vicroads, the ‘bina marga’ of Victoria Australia
2. safe system approach
3. partnership and coordination in road safety
4. road safety public awareness, including link of amazing ads on youtube
5. roadside hazard management
6. road safety in design
7. blackspot investigation
8. road safety audit
9. speed management
10. best practices of one of victoria toll road projects
11. road safety challenges in indonesia